An extremely fresh white tea with muscat grape and floral notes, syrup-like mouthfeel and a beautiful, lingering aroma, White Peony is a true delight.
Picked once a year during the onset of Spring when the leaves are extremely tender, a protective layer of white hairs remains on the young buds and in your cup. This furry white down is packed with antioxidants that help keep the skin youthful, making White Peony a great tea for health.
Sourced directly from Longhe Tea Estate in Zhenghe, Fujian.
- CATEGORY: White tea
- NET WT 20g
- PICKED March 2019 | Pre-Qing Ming (First pluck of the year)
- ORIGIN Zhenghe, Fujian, China
- LEAF: Fu'An Da Bai Varietal | 1 bud 1 leaf | Premium-Grade White Peony (Mudan Wang "King of Peony")
- CRAFT Tender buds picked during onset of spring, naturally withered & sun-dried (very minimal processing)
- NOTES Muscat Grape, Fresh Flowers, Sweet Bread
- BENEFITS The white hairs are packed with antioxidants that help keep the skin youthful
- CAFFEINE Yes
We recommend brewing this delicate White Peony in a Gaiwan, to showcase all the different layers. Or, if you prefer to brew Western style, show off the beautiful buds in a glass teapot and enjoy watching the leaves dance!
- Chinese Brew (Gaiwan): 3g | 150ml | 85°C | 20 sec | +10 secs for additional brews | Can steep ~ 6 times
- Western Brew (Mug / Teapot): 5g | 350ml | 85°C | 2 min | + 1 min for additional brews | Can steep ~ 3 times
- Cold-Brew (Pitcher): 10g | 750ml | Room temp | 8 hours in fridge | Strain & serve with ice. Serve in champagne flutes to impress!
Led by Tea Master Yang, Longhe Tea Co was created with the vision of bringing the traditional craft of white tea back to the Zhenghe region. Competing with the neighboring Fuding region, they produce some of Zhenghe's finest white teas and are committed to tea education.
We stayed on this tea farm as a volunteer, experiencing first-hand all the white tea processing steps: from picking and withering, to drying, sorting and even planting new seedlings. We are now super excited to carry their specialty tea - A premium Mudanwang grade White Peony. Also known as King of Peony.