Wild Caught King George Whiting FERGUSON (Australia) - FROZEN
King George Whiting (Sillaginodes punctatus) is wild caught and found in the pristine waters of the Southern Ocean. Whiting occur in schools in coastal and estuarine waters where they are caught by handline predominantly. Ferguson Australia source exclusively from Kangaroo Island where handline fishing is guaranteed.
SUSTAINABILITY The type of fishing method used by the fishermen on Kangaroo Island generally show to have low impacts on marine habitat and threatened species. King George Whiting grow and reproduce quickly and is therefore relatively resilient to overfishing.
Friend of the Sea Sustainable Aquaculture Criteria require:
- no impact on critical habitat (e.g.: mangroves, wetlands, etc)
- compliance with waste water parameters
- reduction of escapes and by-catches to a negligible level
- no use of harmful anti-foulants nor growth hormones
- compliance with Social Accountability