SUSTAINABILITYThe type of fishing method used by the fishermen on Kangaroo Island generally show to have low impacts on marine habitat and threatened species. King George Whiting grow and reproduce quickly and is therefore relatively resilient to overfishing.
- Friend of the Sea Sustainable Aquaculture Criteria require:
- no impact on critical habitat (e.g.: mangroves, wetlands, etc)
- compliance with waste water parameters
- reduction of escapes and by-catches to a negligible level
- no use of harmful anti-foulants nor growth hormones
- compliance with Social Accountability