Wild Caught Flathead FERGUSON (Australia) - FROZEN
Flathead is a very popular and versatile fish, suited to most cooking methods. With a clean, fresh flavour and firm texture, it is a perfect fish!
OCEAN TO PLATE Flathead is filleted fresh on the day of catch and packed into retail or bulk packs. The product is snap frozen fresh, to maintain the quality of the same day caught freshness. Flathead is caught on long lines in South Australian coastal waters. These types of fishing methods have low impacts on marine habitat and Flathead is regularly audited and monitored by the South Australian Government (PIRSA) with limit catch rates. The Commonwealth maintains a strict quota system for the trawl Flathead fishery which includes a limited number of boats permitted to fish the species in zoned areas.
Friend of the Sea Sustainable Aquaculture Criteria require:
- no impact on critical habitat (e.g.: mangroves, wetlands, etc)
- compliance with waste water parameters
- reduction of escapes and by-catches to a negligible level
- no use of harmful anti-foulants nor growth hormones
- compliance with Social Accountability